Sunday, July 6, 2014

Life is beautiful



Cookie and I are settled in now.  Enjoying life in Baltimore, enjoying working at Hopkins (well, Cookie isn't working at Hopkins...).

I started at Hopkins with a group of 9 other travelers and there was another group of 4 travelers who started a couple weeks before us.  Several of us have sort of bonded and we have had some good times on our days off and have plans for some other fun downtime activities coming up.

 

And, Cookie and I have had some other adventures on our own.  We've been hiking

and checking out the city and some of the cool things it has to offer.  This weekend (July 4th weekend) there were tons of people at the Inner Harbor area, and even though the coworker I'd planned to meet got sick and backed out, I had a good time just wandering around, people watching, feeling like I was part of a community.

Now, I'm floating on the euphoria of knowing that I'll be back west, if only briefly, in just a few days and I'll get to sleep in the same bed with my husband and get to hang out with my CO peeps.

Last time I was in Denver, it was decidedly sad and somber.  I'm very much looking forward to celebrating, celebrating the happy, long marriage of my friends (they are having the big wedding they didn't get to have originally) and just enjoy each other's company, spending a couple days at the home of our friends Brunhilde and the original Paulie D before the big party.

I'm about to enjoy the gorgeous early evening sunshine as I walk down to the lightrail and head off to another mellow shift at work with great people.  And, appropriately for a Sunday, give thanks and praise to God for my blessed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment