Wednesday, June 25, 2014

So, I ran.

I had let my weight sort of get out of control again and my hips felt it.  I had gotten to the point where even short runs left me with painful hips.  And then I started having pain in my hips even when I hadn't run.  So, I took my own advice to a friend with a back injury and gave it a rest.  I've still been walking a bunch, but no running for nearly 3 weeks.  However, I've also lost 12 pounds in the last 6 weeks or so.

Since I've had no pain for several days now, I decided today was the day to start breaking back into running.

I decided to use C25k again.  Just starting with week 3.  I'm going to stick with that and get up to where I'm solidly running again and see how I do.  I've been doing intervals for a few years and that's been good, but I at least want to see how I do on short runs just straight running.  But, I want to be smart about it.  So, I'm going to take my time.

Then, I'll start training for the Spacecoast Half in September.  I'm going to be here in Baltimore until early October, it seems, so all these hills will make for some good training, I think.

But, this morning was beautiful, and I felt strong.  I realize that I've missed running.

Hopefully the weight will keep coming off and I'll get faster and better and stronger.  But, I will definitely enjoy the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment