Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Oh, NOW I get it!

I haven't posted much political stuff lately, and will largely refrain in future, but this resonated for me.

So, I'm actually just sharing someone else's blog.

This doesn't apply to every left leaning person, but to too many.

"Truth is that which serves the party." The capital-R revolution was such a good, it could eliminate all that was bad, that manipulating facts was not even a venial sin; it was a good. If you want to make an omelet, you have to break a few eggs. One of those eggs was objective truth."
This part I have determined for myself.  Truth is meaningless, feelings and good intentions are everything for a certain element of the left.
But, the following was a revelation and finally explains something that I have never understood: the disconnect folks have when the current president is doing the same and worse as the previous president and yet they refuse to acknowledge it:
"messages in this left-wing forum publicly announced that they did what they did every day, from voting to attending a rally to planning a life, because they wanted to destroy something, and because they hated someone, rather than because they wanted to build something, or because they loved someone. You went to an anti-war rally because you hated Bush, not because you loved peace. Thus, when Obama bombed, you didn't hold any anti-war rally, because you didn't hate Obama."

Most conservatives I know will quickly agree that W signed every spending bill that was put in front of him and will objectively review his bad decisions.  Anyone who reads this who loves the current president, please name one thing that he has done with which you deeply disagree.  I'll wait here.

If you are reading this, and you lean left and your immediate reaction was to mentally call me names, read the attached blog again.

I think it bears thinking  about.

It actually makes me rethink my own positions to ensure that I'm coming from a place of building and improving and not hating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment