Sunday, August 25, 2013

....so, where was I?

Oh right!  Stretch came to play!

This pic was taken at a local watering hole near a beautiful bit of actual water, at sunset.  This view is from a bar that is directly behind my current place of work.  It is a piece of magic.  And staff in my ER get a discount.  It' pretty sweet.

Stretch was here for several days, that flew by like a minute.  We mostly chilled, although there was lunch at another waterfront restaurant that we both love, some serious goofing off including Rickaritas and skinny-dipping, and tending to Stretch's knee, which has a boo-boo.

But, we both also shed a few tears.  I miss Pop and having Stretch here was definitely reminiscent of that summer.  And, she misses her baby girl AngelHeart.  There were hugs all around. 

Since Stretch was here, and she is pretty finicky about eating healthy, it has sort of rubbed off.  I'm on a good kick of actually managing to eat right AND work out regularly.

I've been keeping up with my run schedule (have a half marathon in the Burque in October) and strictly cooking at home and packing lunches and snacks for work.

I've also been working up a couple of more politically/socially bent blog posts that will soon be forthcoming.

Right now?  I am lounging on the NurseBananaHammock with a beer and a couple of puppies and listening to the cicadas and generally enjoying life.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great time with Stretch. Sometimes tears and hugs are a good thing. Cleanses the soul. Cheers to lounging and hanging with the pups!

    ReplyDelete