Monday, March 23, 2015





Press Gainey is the death of actual medical care.  

If you think that the satisfaction of patients is the primary determinant of excellent emergency care, you are part of the problem.

Those of us who give emergency medical care actually do care about our patients and do all we can to be kind and compassionate, but if you came to me because you had chest pain, but give me a poor score because the coffee you asked for wasn't hot enough, then none of this makes any sense anymore.

I got into this line of work to save lives of those who are experiencing life threatening medical emergencies.  I have yet to see a bad review from anyone who actually fit that category.

When I read the responses and see "I hate the 0-10 pain score, I couldn't understand it.  Even after they explained it to me, and I'm a reasonably intelligent person."

No.  No you are not. 0=no pain, the number increases with your level of pain.  10 is the worst pain you have ever had in your life.  If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

And yet?  YOU determine if the care I gave was considered appropriate.



No comments:

Post a Comment